- 8 out of 10 glasses of orange juice around the world came from Brazil.
- Brazil exports chicken to 135 different countries around the world.
- There are more cattle than people in Brazil.
- Lead the world in sugar, coffee, and orange juice production. 2nd leading producer of soybeans and beef worldwide.
- "Brazil is a major power in agriculture, but they are committed to protecting the environment."
Following our time at the Ministry we enjoyed lunch at a Churrascaria (Brazilian Steackhouse) where they bring cut after cut of meat to your table. After lunch we had a little relaxation time before making our way to CODEVASF (Sao Francisco and Parnaiba Valley Development Company). CODEVASF is a private company that is working to enrich farm families and all families lives. They provide support through documents, technical/rural extension assistance, infrastructure development, and more. Lots of time irrigation projects are part of their work. The CODEVASF team shared a wealth of knowledge with us.
Next we met up with Jose at UnB (Unversidade de Brasilia) to learn more about Brazil as a country and tour campus. UnB has an enrollment of around 35,000 students. As we concluded our time on campus we returned to the hotel before enjoying a delicious supper at Pizza a Bessa. Pizza a Bessa is a restaurant with over 40 different types of Pizza. The employees continuously are bringing different types of pizzas to your table to enjoy. We all enjoyed the open air restaurant.
There is no doubt there was an abundance of knowledge and food consumed today! We look forward to an exciting day tomorrow as we travel to Pirenopolis.