Cacao Agroforestry Systems Increase Farmers' Income
- Explain the two production practices of agroforestry and monoculture systems.
- Briefly discuss cacao production trends over the past couple years and where it is grown around the world.
- This study found that even though cacao yields decreased in agroforestry systems when compared to monoculture systems overall agroforestry systems achieved higher profits and better nutrition for the farmers and their families. How can this be explained?
- This study looked at conventional versus organic cacao production as well. Discuss the findings in this area.
- What is your major takeaway from this study and why?