Struggling EU Pig Farmers Look to China for Hope
- What has caused a decline in pork prices for the European Union?
- Why is the demand for pork imports into China increasing?
- What has the European Commission done to protect farmers in the EU? Does your home country have similar protection policies like this in place? Are these policies fair?
- Why is China likely to turn to the EU, before the US to acquire additional pork imports?
- This article tells a great story of international trade and world markets. Recently at a conference I attended the following was stated, "This isolation theory that is out there is scary for agriculture." What does this mean to you and how would isolation of a country affect it's agriculture and food supply?