Some key quotes from the conference:
- "My African friends say, We want trade, not aid." Doug Seebeck
- "You have to experience a life changing event before you can change the world." Doug Seebeck
- "We are making stunning progress in feeding our growing world." David Beckmann
- "We must focus and invest in agriculture and nutrition in our poorest countries." David Beckmann
- Two-thirds of those living in poverty depend on agriculture as their livelihood." David Beckmann
- "Soil and life are married." Fred Kirschenmann
- "We always have to change to stay sustainable." Fred Kirschenmann
- "Change has to come from the bottom up, not the top down." Fred Kirschenmann
As part of the day I represented the Global Agriculture Learning Center and gave a short talk titled "Sharing Agricultural Innovations Around the World." This talk addressed the following areas:
- Definition of innovation
- Why is it important/needed to share innovation in agriculture
- What innovation looks like in different parts of the world
- How the Global Agriculture Learning Center is sharing innovation around the world
- Challenged participants to find opportunities to share innovation in agriculture with others
- Explain your interpretation of the quote that Fred made above "Soil and life are married."
- Which one of the other "key quotes" sticks out to you? Why? Explain and expand on the quote.
- Why is sharing innovation in agriculture with others around the world important?
- How can you share innovation in agriculture with others in your local community, state, country, and around the world? I challenge you to take action regarding your response!
We look forward to great day two at the Global Agriculture Summit!