David Lambert's Lecture
Discussion Points (Feel free to share these points and questions ahead of time to guide notes while watching.)
- Why should we even care about hunger around the world?
- What does hunger look like in the United States and around the world? What facts surprised you?
- What role does science play in global food security?
- Explain the concept behind "1,000 Days."
- What does agriculture's global footprint look like?
- What facts were shared regarding climate change?
- What has history and science said about the safety of biotechnology and genetically modified foods? Explain.
- How does food loss and waste factor into global food security?
- David shared the best policy solutions for global food security. Which policy/policies that he shared do you feel has the biggest potential for a positive impact and why?