Vilsack: Ag at the Center of Strengthening World Economy
- Vilsack mentioned "Agriculture is often not fully appreciated." Why is this? What could be done to change this?
- The impact of climate on agriculture was emphasized. What is the U.S. doing to monitor climate's effects on agriculture? What is the value in this?
- Recently the USDA announced the open data initiative to share data. What does this mean for agriculture? What are the possibilities?
- It was stated that there is a need for cooperation with other countries in biotechnology policy. What is the importance of this and how do we go about this in your opinion?
- Vilsack stated “It has been tough to convince Congress to continue to invest in agriculture research to the same extent they invest in health research.” Do you feel this should be the case? Why or why not?